Netanyahu: Israel ready for any US-Iranian confrontation over Saudi oil attacks

Netanyahu: Israel ready for any US-Iranian confrontation over Saudi oil attacks

BREAKING: PM Netanyahu told Israeli media that Israel is prepared for the possibility it might be drawn into any US-Iranian confrontation, hours after the US accused Tehran of the attack on a Saudi Arabian oil field.

Earlier on Monday, Israeli aviation authorities closed the airspace proximity of the Israel-Lebanon border for all civilian traffic until Tuesday morning. No reason has been given for the move. 

President Trump on Sunday evening tweeted that the US has “reason to believe that we know” who is responsible for the attack on a Saudi Arabian oil field and the country is “locked and loaded depending on verification.”

Iran launched nearly a dozen cruise missiles and over 20 drones from its territory in the attack, a senior Trump administration official told ABC News.

Oil prices soared in the wake of the attack to reach six-month highs on Monday.

Trump says US 'locked and loaded' after Iranian attack on Saudi oil field (3)

Meanwhile, President Trump announced that he had authorized the release of oil from the US Strategic Petroleum Reserve “if needed” and had instructed agencies to expedite approvals of oil pipeline projects so as to meet the global supply of oil, tweeting: “PLENTY OF OIL!”

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards terror group have seized another oil tanker in the Gulf and kidnapped its crew of 11 under the pretext of smuggling diesel to the United Arab Emirates, state TV reported on Monday. According to reports, the ship was carrying around 250,000 liters of fuel.