Facebook and Twitter shut Hezbollah terror group accounts
Hezbollah announced on Telegram that Facebook and Twitter deactivated their accounts and blocked the terror group from future usage.
According to Hezbollah, Facebook and Twitter closed its accounts as part of their efforts to harm the terror group since the social media accounts play a major role in Hezbollah’s activities.
The accounts were reported to have been shutdown a day after Hezbollah had published on its Twitter account a new video showing the 2006 kidnapping of IDF soldiers Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev.
Earlier this month, Public Safety Minister Gilad Erdan demanded that Twitter shut down 17 Hezbollah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad affiliated accounts, said Facebook has improved responses to Israeli complaints while Twitter is still ‘very bad’.
? BREAKING: Public Safety Minister Erdan demands that Twitter shut down 17 accounts affiliated with Hezbollah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad terror groups. Erdan said Facebook has improved responses to Israeli complaints over inciting material, while Twitter is still “very bad.” pic.twitter.com/CXHwXG3obD
— Behind The News (@Behind__News) June 12, 2018