Canada under terror: ISIS claims responsibility for Toronto shooting
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the shooting in Toronto on Sunday in which a Muslim terrorist murdered two girls and wounded 13, the terror group’s AMAQ news agency said on Wednesday.
The Muslim terrorist “was a soldier of the Islamic State and carried out the attack in response to calls to target the citizens of the coalition countries,” a statement by the terror group said.
The ISIS terrorist has been identified as 29-year-old Pakistani-Canadian Faisal Hussain.
The Ontario Special Investigations Unit (SIU) said it was releasing his name due to ‘exceptional circumstances’, calling the terror attack ‘tragic incident’.
In a statement released to media outlets, Hussain’s family said their son suffered from serious ‘mental health challenges’.
Sources say police in Toronto and CSIS officials in Ottawa, as well as the RCMP, are looking into his past which sources say include his residence in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Hussain apparently had been spoken-to by authorities about his online activities. Sources say Toronto Police, the OPP and the RCMP have all had an interest in the now-eliminated Jihadist.