Arrests in Germany after ISIS sends terrorists posing as refugees to attack Europe

Police have arrested three refugees at asylum seekers homes in Germany on suspicion of plotting terror attacks for ISIS after they were smuggled into Europe using forged passports alongside the terrorists of the Paris attacks.

Officers of the elite GSG9 anti-terror police swooped on two migrant homes in Lower Saxony and in the far north of Germany in SchleSwig-Holstein bordering Denmark.


Three Syrians identified only as Mahir Al-H. aged 17, Mohamed A., 26, and and Ibrahim M., 18, were taken into custody along with their mobiles and computers.

Interior minister Thomas de Maziere confirmed the men had links to the Paris attackers amid fears they were part of a wider ISIS sleeper cell plotting attacks on the continent.

A further six apartments were searched and material taken away by police who swarmed over the regions in over 200 vehicles in the early hours of this morning.


Media reports said the men came to Germany disguised as refugees last year and were awaiting orders from jihadist superiors in their homeland about what and when to strike.

A Germany returnee from the Syrian battlefront, who is now serving four years in a German jail for membership of Isis, told intelligence agents earlier this year that the terror group is keen to pull off a spectacular outrage in Germany similar to the Paris slaughter a year ago.

Mahir Al-H. received weapons and explosives training in Raqqa, the capital of the so-called Islamic caliphate, in September 2015 before being sent west in November posing as a refugee aboard a refugee ship which docked at the Greek island of Leros.

The terrorists arrived in Europe with fake passports crafted for them by ISIS forgers and accompanied by two of the Paris terrorists, who killed themselves with suicide bombs outside the Stade de France stadium in Paris on November 13 last year.

Together with his accomplices he was told to lay low until commands were issued for them to strike.

Internet and mobile phone intercepts are understood to have led to their arrests.

They were seized with considerable amounts of American dollars and their mobiles had special communications software installed.

The terrorists were placed under intense surveillance for several months, including bugging their phones and tailing their every move in an operation that cost tens of thousands of dollars.