3 female terrorists screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ eliminated after firebomb and knife attack in Kenya

Three female terrorists who were screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ have been shot dead in Kenya after trying to firebomb a police station.

Officers said the women, one of whom was wearing a suicide vest, were killed while trying to stage what was an ‘apparent terror attack’ in the coastal city of Mombasa.

Another three women, who are thought to have been their accomplices were arrested.

Mombasa County police chief Peterson Maelo said the three women had entered the city’s busiest police station yesterday morning saying they wanted to report a stolen phone.

He added: ‘In the process one hurled a petrol bomb at the report office as the others confronted two officers and stabbed them.


‘All the three attackers have been killed and the two police officers have been rushed to hospital,” he added, describing it as ‘an apparent terror attack.’

The fire was put out and the station sealed off by heavily armed police officers as the probe got under way.

Police spokesman Charles Owino named two of the women as Fatuma Omar and Tasmin Yakub Abdullahi Farah, who are both from Mombasa.

He identified Farah as the ringleader saying she ‘had a suicide vest that did not detonate because she was shot down swiftly by officers.’


He said police raided her home in the city’s Kibokoni area and arrested three accomplices, who are Somali refugees.

A senior police officer in Mombasa who asked not to be identified said earlier that the three attackers were wearing Muslim dress.

A witness named Saumu said ‘the women were shouting saying God Is Great, Allahu Akbar … then one of them threw something at the cops and that’s when I ran away.’


Kenya has been regularly targeted by the Somalia-based Shabaab, East Africa’s long-time Al-Qaeda branch.

The terror group is fighting to overthrow the internationally-backed government in Mogadishu which is protected by 22,000 African Union troops, including Kenyan soldiers.