Beit Horon terror victim dies of her wounds
Shlomit Krigman, a 24-year-old woman who was stabbed during yesterday’s terror attack in Beit Horon, has died of her wounds. Doctors at Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital worked diligently to save her, but were unable to do so.
On Tuesday morning Hadassah Hospital released a statement to say that one of the victims of the attack, Shlomit Krigman, a 23-year old woman from Shadmot Mehola in the Jordan Valley, had died from her wounds having been left fighting for her life following the attack.
Details for the funeral have not yet been finalized.
The terrorists fled from the store in the direction of homes in the Jewish community, but within moments a security guard shot and killed them.
The commander of the Binyamin police station, Ch.- Supt. David Hayun, said the attack on the community located just off of Route 443 signified “a serious escalation.”
The two terrorists infiltrated the Jewish community armed with knives and explosives, succeeding in stabbing two victims, he said. The three pipe bombs thrown failed to explode.
The terrorists had jumped over the Beit Horon security fence at around 5 p.m. near the grocery store and stabbed two women.
In addition to the young woman who later passed away, the terrorists also stabbed and moderately wounded a 58-year-old woman in the upper body. She is now being treated at the capital’s Shaare Zedek Medical Center.
There were children and women in the store, Shalem recalled for Channel 2.
Determined not to let them in, he immediately blocked them with a shopping cart, pushing the cart at them several times and not budging, even though they had drawn knives. The dramatic moments were caught on the store’s security camera.
“It was frightening,” he said. “Two people were standing next to me with knives.
I could see the hate and the anger. They screamed ‘Allahu akbar’ and I said, ‘dogs get out of here.’” After a couple seconds they ran away, he added.
“It was a clear miracle,” he added, not wanting to imagine what would have happened if they had entered the store.
The slain terrorists were identified as Ibrahim Yusef Allan, 23, from the village of Beit Ur al-Tahta and Hussein Abu Gosh, 17, from Qalandiya.
The IDF cordoned off Beit Ur al-Tahta on Monday night, allowing only humanitarian passage in and out of the community, an army spokeswoman said.
The Civil Administration of Judea and Samaria is to freeze the work permits that were issued to family members of the terrorists.
Following the attack, President Reuven Rivlin issued a statement of solidarity with the victims.
“My thoughts and prayers are with those wounded and fighting for their lives after the serious terrorist attack at Beit Horon.
These difficult times are fraught with confrontation and we will overcome. We will continue to fight against terrorism and the incitement that drives it. In the face of terrorism, we choose life.”
This was the third successful attack within a Jewish community in the last eight days. Last Sunday, a terrorist stabbed to death a mother of six, Dafna Meir, in her home in Otniel. A day later, a terrorist stabbed and wounded Michal Froman, who was five months pregnant, in Tekoa.
Security forces have been on heightened alert around Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria since last week, following the successive knife attacks in Otniel and Tekoa, and earlier assessments that terrorists could increasingly attempt to infiltrate communities and carry out attacks.
A according to security sources, in recent days the IDF took a number of steps to boost security in Jewish communities, out of a concern that copycat attackers would seek to emulate the “success” of the past week’s terrorist attacks.
Additionally, the IDF called on all civilians with gun licenses to be armed.
In December, a military source said the army was preparing for a significant escalation in the severity of Judea and Samaria terrorism, and was preparing to encounter increased firearms attacks, as well as attempted intrusions by armed terrorists into Jewish communities.