Israeli fighter jets bomb terror targets in Gaza after massive rocket attacks
HAPPENING NOW: Israeli fighter jets and helicopters are bombing Islamic Jihad terror targets in Gaza after more than 100 rockets launched by Muslim terrorists towards civilians in southern Israel in the last 24 hours.
● Multiple explosions reported in northern Gaza.
● Arabs report at least 10 injuries in Shejaiya after a missile -probably a failed launch- landed on a building.
● Israeli gunfire reported towards Muslim terrorists approaching the fence in northern Gaza. No injuries.
● Islamic Jihad al-Buraq terror site struck in Gaza is on fire, according to Arab reports.
● A security situation is currently underway near Erez humanitarian crossing, with Muslim terrorists firing RPG rockets towards IDF forces.
● The IDF responded with fire, injuring a number of terrorists.
● More than 100 were fired towards southern Israel, including Ashkelon, Netivot and Sderot.
● Two people were lightly wounded while running to bomb shelters.
● Shrapnel hit very close to an IDF vehicle on the road leading to Kibbutz Sa’ad near the Gaza border.
● Defense Minister Naftali Bennett is currently conducting an assessment of the situation at the Kirya in Tel Aviv, attended by Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi and senior security officials.
● Erez Crossing was closed with the exception of humanitarian movements and the Gaza fishing zone will be closed until further notice.
● The Kerem Shalom Crossing will also be closed for the transfer of all goods with the exception of those for humanitarian purposes.
The IDF targeted Islamic Jihad terror targets in both Syria and Gaza in response to massive barrages of rockets fired at Israeli civilians.
Earlier, the IDF deployed additional Iron Dome missile defense batteries in central and southern Israel as preparation for a possible escalation and rocket attacks following the elimination of two Islamic Jihad terrorists who were planting bombs near the security border fence.
At least six Muslim terrorists were eliminated in Israeli airstrikes targeting Islamic Jihad facilities in Damascus. Two of the eliminated terrorists were members of the Islamic Jihad terror group and four others were Iranian-backed terrorists, a war monitor said.