Barrages of rockets fired from Gaza towards southern Israel
BREAKING: Large barrages of rockets are currently being fired by Muslim terrorists in Gaza towards southern Israel.
● Code Red sirens sounded in Nir Am, Sderot, Ibim, Gavim, Sapir College, Mefalsim and Nir Am Shooting Range, Ashkelon, Holit, Nir Itzhak, Sufa, Pri Gan, Beit HaGdi, Netivot, Brosh, Ta’ashur, Tidhar, Maagalim Givolim Melilot, Shibolim, Sharsheret, Zimrat and Shuva, Be’eri, Kfar Maimon and Tushia, Alumim, Shokeda, Zikim, Netiv HaAssara, Yad Mordechai, Karmia, Mavki’im, Nirim, Ein HaShlosha.
● At least 80 rockets were fired since this morning from Gaza towards Israel.
● In the last 3 hours, 23 rockets were fired at the Eshkol Regional Council. There are no injuries and no damage.
● Possible direct impact in Ashkelon. Fire reported in the area.
● 2 interceptions reported over Nirim and Ein Hashlosha.
● 5 rockets were fired towards Nirim and Ein Hashelosha in the last few minutes.
● A 55-year-old man fell over while running to a bomb shelter in Ashkelon. He is being treated at Barzilai hospital.
● Direct impacts reported in open areas in the Eshkol Regional Council.
● IDF tanks were seen heading towards the Gaza border.
● Defense Minister Naftali Bennett: “We are prepared to embark on a wide-ranging operation a week before the elections”.
● PM Netanyahu held a security consultation with ISA Director Nadav Argaman, National Security Council head Meir Ben-Shabbat, Defense Minister Naftali Bennett and IDF Chief-of-Staff Lt.-Gen. Aviv Kochavi (the latter two participated via conference call). Netanyahu ordered the continuation of action against the terrorist organizations in Gaza.
● Multiple interceptions reported over Netivot.
● Three Iron Dome interceptions reported over Sufa and Holit.
● One rocket was intercepted over Ashkelon and another exploded in the sea.
● Arabs claim that one of the rockets fired towards the city of Ashkelon was a Badr-3 missile carrying a huge warhead.
● Barzilai Hospital is moving vulnerable patients into secure spaces.
● At least nine Iron Dome interceptions reported over Sderot.
● One of the rockets fired from Gaza exploded in a playground in Sderot. No injuries reported.
● Another rocket exploded near a factory in Sha’ar Hanegev, causing light damage.
● Over 60 rockets were fired since yesterday from Gaza by Islamic Jihad terrorists, targeting over a million Israeli citizens.
“After we targeted Islamic Jihad terror targets in Syria and Gaza last night, terrorists in Gaza have once again started firing rockets at Israeli civilians. We will defend them”, the IDF tweeted.
Unconfirmed reports suggest the IDF has been given approval for a wide campaign in Gaza.
PM Netanyahu is currently holding a telephone security consultation with the heads of the security establishment.
“Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke today by telephone with Ashkelon Mayor Tomer Glam and Sderot Mayor Alon Davidi. The Prime Minister stands by the steadfast resilience of the cities’ residents and updated the mayors on the security situation. Prime Minister Netanyahu is currently holding a telephone security consultation with the heads of the security establishment”, the PMO said in a statement.
The IDF Home Front Command issued fresh guidelines for residents of southern Israel and ordered the closure of schools, roads and train lines adjacent to the Gaza border following the ongoing escalation and concerns over possible anti-tank fire.
The IDF targeted Islamic Jihad terror targets in both Syria and Gaza in response to massive barrages of rockets fired at Israeli civilians yesterday.
Earlier, the IDF deployed additional Iron Dome missile defense batteries in central and southern Israel as preparation for a possible escalation and rocket attacks following the elimination of two Islamic Jihad terrorists who were planting bombs near the security border fence.
At least six Muslim terrorists were eliminated in Israeli airstrikes targeting Islamic Jihad facilities in Damascus. Two of the eliminated terrorists were members of the Islamic Jihad terror group and four others were Iranian-backed terrorists, a war monitor said.