Israel bombs Hamas terror targets in response to rocket attack from Gaza

Israel bombs Hamas terror targets in response to rocket attack from Gaza

HAPPENING NOW:  Israel is carrying out retaliatory strikes targeting Hamas terror infrastructure in Gaza in response to rockets launched by Muslim terrorists towards southern Israel, for the second consecutive night.

According to Arab reports, Israeli helicopters are targeting on Hamas terror positions north of Beit Lahiya.

Three rockets were fired Saturday night by Muslim terrorists in Gaza towards southern Israel. Two rockets were intercepted by Iron Dome missile defense system.

Metal shrapnel landed in the yard of a home in the town of Sderot, causing damage. Shrapnel also landed inside a community in the Sha’ar Hanegev Regional Council, causing no injuries.

MDA paramedics treated six people, including two who were lightly wounded while running to a bomb shelter.

This is the second consecutive night that rockets have been fired from Gaza at Israeli civilians.

Shortly after the rocket attack on Saturday night, IDF troops opened fire and eliminated five Muslim terrorists, after an IDF field observer identified five suspicious figures approaching the fence from northern Gaza towards Israel, with at least one of them armed.

According to sources, this was an extremely serious, combined Hamas and Islamic Jihad terror attack and will likely result in a response.

Additional details of the attack are under a gag order.

Hamas, Islamic Jihad, other terror groups and Gaza factions are calling for extensive rockets attacks in the coming hours.

The cities of Sderot, Beer Sheva, Omer, Ofakim, Ashkelon and Ashdod opened public bomb shelters on Saturday night, as tensions escalate in southern Israel.

In addition, MDA and emergency services raised their alert level in southern Israel.

Israeli fighter jets carried out retaliatory strikes targeting Hamas terror infrastructure in northern and central Gaza on Friday night, after a rocket launched by Muslim terrorists towards southern Israel was intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system.