US – Terror attack thwarted: Muslim terrorist arrested for plotting ‘mass casualty’ attack in LA

US - Terror attack thwarted Muslim terrorist arrested for plotting 'mass casualty' attack in LA

BREAKING: A Muslim terrorist planning mass murder in Los Angeles has been arrested after federal and local police uncovered a terror plot in Southern California.

The Muslim terrorist, identified as 26-year-old Mark Steven Domingo, was arrested Friday on domestic terrorism charges.

Domingo, who officials say is an Army vet with combat experience in Afghanistan, plotted to detonate a bomb “for the purpose of causing mass casualties.”

The terror plot was reportedly aimed at “multiple targets” in Southern California, with several of the targets reportedly involving luring in LAPD officers and detonating explosives at Santa Monica Pier and area freeways.

US - Terror attack thwarted Muslim terrorist arrested for plotting 'mass casualty' attack in LA (2).jpg

The terrorist, who was arrested on charges of domestic terrorism, reportedly used to be in the U.S. Army and had been voicing support for ISIS and were plotting the bombings as revenge for the New Zealand mosque attacks, according to AP.

The terrorist was arrested Friday night after he received what he thought was a live bomb, but in fact, was an inert explosive device that was delivered by an undercover law enforcement officer as part of an investigation by the F.B.I.’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.

Last week, he “purchased several hundred nails” meant to be used as shrapnel inside an explosive device, the complaint said.

On March 3, the Muslim terrorist posted “America needs another Vegas event,” a reference to the massacre in 2017, “something to kick off civil unrest.” Later that month he posted “there must be retribution” for the attacks on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

“This investigation successfully disrupted a very real threat posed by a trained combat soldier who repeatedly stated he wanted to cause the maximum number of casualties,” said the United States attorney for the Central District of California, Nick Hanna. “Protecting Americans from terror attacks is the No. 1 priority of the Justice Department, and anyone who plots to use a weapon of mass destruction will be held to account.”