TERROR IN FRANCE – LATEST:
● 4 people have been murdered and dozens injured by a Muslim terrorist after 4-hour rampage ended in a hostage standoff at a supermarket on Friday.
● 25-year-old Muslim terrorist Redouane Lakdim, was on a terror watch list but it was decided he was not a threat.
● Monitored by French security services due to his ties to radical Islam since 2014.
● Referred to himself as ‘ISIS soldier’.
● His girlfriend, a 18-year-old French Muslima, who is in custody, showed “signs of radicalization”
● Items found in Lakdim’s house: a notebook with will and pledges allegiance to ISIS, 13 mobile phones, 2 tablets, 2 laptops, 1 empty box of hunting rifle cartridges, 1 sword, 3 long knives.
The girlfriend of the Muslim terrorist who carried out last week’s terror attack in south-west France was known to the security services, local media report.
A source close to the investigation told the AFP news agency the 18-year-old French Muslima, who is in custody, showed “signs of radicalization”.
The terrorist’s girlfriend is a convert to Islam who has been known to security services for at least a year. She has not been named but remains in police custody.
A 17-year-old Muslim said to have been a friend of the terrorist is also being held.
Four people were murdered and 15 injured in the terror attack on 23 March.
The 25-year-old Muslim terrorist Redouane Lakdim, who was born in Morocco and became a French citizen in 2004, was on an terrorism watch list but it was decided he was not a threat.
The Muslim terrorist, armed with a gun, knives and a grenade, had hijacked a car, killing a passenger and injuring the driver, before shooting at police officers in Carcassonne, south west France, and driving to the supermarket in Trebes.
There the Moroccan Islamist screamed ‘Allahu Akbar, I’ll kill you all’ as he killed a butcher and a shopper while terrified customers either fled from the shop or hid in a cold room.
A French policeman was gunned down by the ISIS terrorist after agreeing to take the place of a female hostage.
Hero cop Lt.-Col Arnaud Beltrame, 45, secretly left his phone on so officers outside could hear what was happening inside — meaning they knew to storm the supermarket straight away when they heard gunshots.
Muslim terrorist was shot and eliminated by Police.