UK foils active terror plot as female Muslim terrorist is shot in north London raid

A 20-year-old female Muslim terrorist shot by police as they foiled an ‘active terror plot’ was taken away on a stretcher in her blood-soaked burka yelling: ‘Don’t touch my body’.

The terrorist screamed ‘get off – do not touch me’ as they tried to strip off her clothes and treat her wounds after the raid in Willesden, north London, at 7pm last night.

Dramatic video footage shows the moment elite Met officers smashed through the door, ran up to the first floor flat and then threw in CS canisters before ‘at least six’ shots rang out including two that shattered an upstairs window.

Neighbours heard a woman ‘screaming’ inside before the young terrorist lay on the pavement bleeding from her arm and stomach while still wearing her burka.


The Muslim female – believed to be the first female terrorist in UK history to be shot by police – was rushed to hospital where she remains in a serious but stable condition and is too unwell to be arrested under the terrorism act.

Five Muslims linked to the flat including a 16-year-old boy and a couple, both 28, have been held over alleged terror offences. A woman, 43, was held in Kent.

Metropolitan Police deputy assistant commissioner Neil Basu said today that the raids meant an ‘active’ terror plot had been foiled – but had nothing to with the arrest of a 27-year-old with a ‘rucksack of knives’ grabbed on Whitehall yesterday.

The six arrested in Willesden and Kent had been under observation by counter terrorism officers as part of an ongoing intelligence led operation. Searches at the address and two others in London are continuing today.

Video posted on Twitter showed police wearing balaclavas at a property on Willesden High Road, just over half a mile from Harlesden Road.

A witness tweeted: ‘#womanindoorway held by anti-terrorism police on Willesden high road #Willesdengreen while detective searches her bags #harlesden #willesden’.

This incident is not connected to the arrest in Whitehall earlier the same day, the Met Police said.


The arrests came just hours after heavily armed officers arrested a Muslim terrorist as he crossed Whitehall, just yards from Downing Street and Parliament.

Armed police ‘swarmed like bees’ on the bearded man just before 2.30pm after his concerned family reportedly alerted security services.

While covert teams trailed him on the ground, a live feed was being sent to control rooms in New Scotland Yard and the MI5’s Thames House before they gave the order for them to swoop in.


A large number of armed police then flooded the area as the terrorist was pinned to the ground just yards from Downing Street. He was held against a wall of the Treasury before being taken away in a van to a police station.

The Muslim terrorist has not been named but is 27 years old and thought to be known to police, who kept tabs on him via surveillance cameras on the streets and on the Underground.